To promote simplified customs and transport policies and procedures as well as other measures to facilitate international trade.
Champion effective customs measures to ease supply chain disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Champion the adoption of digitalized customs processes – leveraging successful pilot projects implemented by the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation.
Scale business engagement in key World Customs Organization committees – including on valuation and product classifications.
Lead industry engagement on emerging policy issues within the World Customs Organization in areas such as the circular economy and data transfers.
Provide a platform to identify – and respond to – key in-country trade facilitation challenges utilizing the full reach of ICC’s national committee network.
Make the business case for governments to adopt a permanent prohibition on the application of customs duties to data transfers at the World Trade Organization’s next Ministerial Conference.*
Committee on Customs and Trade Regulations
- Provide input into the work of the World Customs Organization (WCO) on customs valuation and classification including through the WCO Private Sector Consultative Group.
- Build on the success of the inaugural ICC Symposium on Trade Facilitation and hold follow-up event.
- Encourage convergence between tax and customs authorities on transfer pricing and customs valuation.
- Produce “ICC Guidelines for Traders” and increase dissemination of ICC Customs Guidelines to national customs administrations.
- Revisit the impact of customs duties on trade in intellectual property and services.
- Map out work on rules of origin to address the growing number of bilateral/regional FTAs.
- Jan Atteslander, economiesuisse
- Catia Capaul, economiesuisse
- Emmanuel Devin, Philip Morris International SA
- Claudia Feusi, ZFEB+
- Denis Fichot, JTI
- Thorsten Hohmann, Handelskammer beider Basel
- Philippe Isler, SGS SA
- Erik Jandrasits, scienceindustries
- Othmar Koch, Schindler Management LTD
- Maria Victoria Pantoni, Philip Morris International SA
- Florian Regli, F. Hoffmann-La Roche LTD
- Margot Stuart, OriginAll SA
- Alexander von Ziegler, Schellenberg Wittmer